Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have Kindle on my iPad with lots of books
, I want to…

Customer Question
I have Kindle on...

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I want to be able to read those same books on my MacBook Air. I have books on my Kindle app on my iPad and want to be able to access those books on my MacBookAir and my iPhone

Technician's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Mac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Sure

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
12/19/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 2 years ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. What happens when you download / install the Kindle app on both the iPhone and the MacBook Air computer? Is there any error or message?

I have the app on both the MacBook Air and my iPhone but I can't access the books on my iPad on the other devices.

Thank you. In the Kindle app of both the phone and computer, did you register / sign in with the exact same Amazon account (same email address) like on the Kindle app of the iPad? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

i have just gotten the kindle books on my computer..but not my iPhone. the computer and iPad are registered in my husbands name and iPhone in my name..can I still sync the accounts?

No, you need to use the exact Amazon account / email address. Can you please do the following on the iPhone:

1. From the Kindle reading app Home screen, tap the Settings icon.
  2. Under Registration, tap Update, and then tap Deregister this Kindle.
  3. Then register / sign in with the same email address as in the kindle app of the iPad and computer.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.