Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I've got a new iMac. I use Apple's Mail program on my own

Customer Question

Customer: I've got a new iMac. I use Apple's Mail program on my own domain on POP/SMTP accounts. I know I'm using the correct password, but Mail says it's incorrect.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Just that I've had this problem repeatedly. It appears to be a problem in Mac Mail. I've got domains at two different hosting companies (GoDaddy and 1 & 1) and it happens at both: I know I'm using the right password, but Mail says it's wrong. One guy at GoDaddy says they've seen this before, and sometimes you can get around it by changing the password ***** in a row. That seems crazy!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Mac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:

• The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X)
  • Processor
  • Memory