Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My name is ***** *****. The problem is I just got a new

Customer Question
Customer: My name is *****...
Customer: My name is ***** *****. The problem is I just got a new macbook air I put in by mistake my wifes apple id and now I can only sign in with that. I want to be able to sign in with my apple id and take hers off
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just did
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Mac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes. I only pay if it works?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/15/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 1 year ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

On where did you put your Wife's Apple ID ? On iTunes or App Store or on iCloud ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Believe when I set up cloud.
Now when I log in it only has name and itunes password ***** log into
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I know the remote thing will work and you are not just taking my money

On your Mac, go to Apple > System Preferences and select iCloud. If you see your Wife's iCloud ID there, then click Sign Out.

To sign out from iTunes, open iTunes, click on Store menu and the top bar and select Sign out yourwifes account.

To sign out of App Store, open Store application, click on Store menu and sign out.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Remote service is only an optional additional service. If I couldn't solve your problem, then you will get full refund. You can accept the remote service if you would like me to fix it for you or if have any difficulty on following the steps I sent you.

Is your Mac not opening to desktop at all ? Is it stuck at login screen ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its not fixing it. Still have to have her name on it

Lets do this step by step. First go to System Preferneces > iCloud and what account do you see there ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am new to this. Not sure how to find system preferences
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Says JG
that is the Id I am trying to get off

Click on the Apple icon at the top left and you will see System Preferences there. Click it and this will open System Preferences. Click iCloud. If you see your Wife's account there, click Sign Out. Now Sign In to your Apple ID or iCloud ID.

Then open System Preferences again, click Users & Groups. Then click the small lock on left and this will unlock the screen. Now click Change Password ***** change to a password ***** like.

Open System Preferences again, click Users & Groups. Then click the small lock on left and this will unlock the screen. Now click the + button and create a new administrator account with your own name. Let me know once you did that

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is no option for users and groups

There in. It is at bottom left of System Preferences

There IS. Open System Preferences from Apple menu and it is at the bottom left. Don't you see it ?

Click on the Apple icon and select System Preferences. Click Users and Groups (at bottom left)

Then click the lock at bottom left to unlock the screen. Then click + button and create a brand new ADMINISTRATOR account with your name. Then logout from Apple menu and you can login to your account. Then you can delete the account with your wife's name from System Preferences > Users & groups. Remember doing this will delete all files from that account.

The new account you've created will be blank, like a new Mac

How is it going ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not satisfied and will not be paying. I have a screen of this conversation saying that. Thanks for trying to help me

I'm sorry. The instructions are correct, may be you are not doing it correctly. If you don't want to continue, then you contact***@******.*** for refund.

I will also request JustAnswer to refund your account. Please don't rate the answer anything even if the system asked to do so. You can close this page without rating to process refund.

Best Regards,

Ashik, Mac Technician