Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I am trying to send an album through E-mail. but when I try

Customer Question
Hi I am trying to...
Hi I am trying to send an album through E-mail. but when I try to do that, the "information" that I want to go with it does not attach itself.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/9/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Mac Technician replied 1 year ago
Jason Jones, Mac Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today.

When you say that the "information" doesn't attach itself, what are you referring to when you use the term 'information'?

I will be standing by.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi I'm referring to the information I entered when I put the photos in an album. There's a little i in a circle at the top of the page. When I click that, I can put in annotations about the photo.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Now, I need to send those photos WITH the annotations to someone, but the photo goes by itself, without any of the accompanying information.

Thank you for the update.

May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is $45 above the $40 I already paid?

Yes, that is correct. The reason behind that last and final charge is because the remote session will take a bit more of my time.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, that is $95. Too much for this one issue.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What I'm talking about is in iPhoto, when I click on any photo, I can add a title, etc, through that little i button that I click. But then, it doesn't transfer into the e-mail.

I understand.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 1 year ago
Mike, Mac Medic

Most likely it is too large for email do you have Dropbox or come other file transfer service?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, that's not the problem. Even if I send just one photo -- either as an attachment, or "shared"-- there is no access to the title or other information I entered in the "information" area.

Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:

• The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X)
  • Processor
  • Memory

Also what version of iPhoto and where are you entering this "information"?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Version 10.11.1
Processor 1.3 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3Photos Version 1.2 (340.4.0)When I select a photo, on the grey bar across the top, there is a small circle with an "i" in it. If I click on that, I see information about when the photo was taken, where, etc. And I'm able to write in a title, as well as a description.

Were you ever able to do that because as far as I know that is not possible. You can copy the info and include it in the email or text, etc... but it is not included by default and there is no way to add it automatically at least. In fact (from http://www.macworld.com/article/2912690/more-help-for-photos-metadata-the-places-map-and-syncing-without-icloud.html) "Photos isn’t supporting the display of some metadata, ...... However, it doesn’t modify the original files on import, so later updates that improve metadata access or exports with EXIF metadata included should include all of your original information."

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is disappointing! Much work needs to be duplicated, and it's not easy to add the text with each photo in an e-mail.

Sorry but that was never an option in iPhoto either

Mike, Mac Medic