Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My IPhone 5C isn't working. I only get a black screen. If I

Customer Question
My IPhone 5C isn't working...
My IPhone 5C isn't working. I only get a black screen. If I push The button to turn it on, I only get The picture of The Apple. What happende?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/6/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 2 years ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following:

Solution #1:

- On the iPhone, ppress and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

I'm writing the second solution; please stay on this web page.

Please reply the box below any time. Thank you.

That didn't work. This problem is not just a reset problem. Any time I try to turn it on, all I get is a black screen with The Apple logo.

I'm sorry. Please try:

Solution #2:

1. Press & hold the Power button on the iPhone for about 15 seconds.
  2. Connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.
  3. Open iTunes program on your computer. (If needed, you can download / install the iTunes program on the computer at the website http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/)
  4. On the iPhone, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  5. After 10 or 11 seconds release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
  6. Click OK or Restore / factory reset.

Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times, or so.

You can also see the video instructions at the website below; it may be easier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34v8HMC9B98

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Did you get the restore / factory option in the iTunes program on the computer when trying my steps? And/or are you installing / updating the iTunes program on the computer?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech