Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Mac Genius
Experience:  Computer repair and software development company owner/technician
68869132

I am trying to use photoshop elements 14 on my mac. I'm in

Customer Question

i am trying to use photoshop elements 14 on my mac. I'm in the guided mode trying to use photo merge of a group shot. I've watched several tutorials that make it look very easy, but when I try to do it, the faces don't line up. Even when I use advanced mode to line up the photos, the face is too big and doesn't line up when I try to merge the photos. Any suggestions?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Chris Baxter replied 1 year ago.

Before you merge, open both of the images in a different viewer and have a look at the resolution and size of them both. You will want to try to match the resolution (in a perfect word both images have come from the same camera or the same scanner, and been saved in the same format. (jpeg vs tiff etc) You can try opening them in something like MacPaint, to look at those specifications. Steps for merging on the mac at the following link, be careful not to miss any steps, including the layer!

http://www.wikihow.com/Merge-Photos

Let me know how it goes, and if you have any other questions feel free to ask! If nothing further, don't forget to rate and accept! :)