Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I cant get safari to kick in - the message is Safari has

Customer Question

I cant get safari to kick in - the message is Safari has quit unexpectedly , and invites me to reopen but it does not work.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Do you have another browser on your Mac or access to another computer ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had to upload a browser from Apps -WebQuestSurferlite
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Safari usually crash if there are any malwares or adwares installed. Using that WebQuestSurferlite browser, download and install this AntiMalware application --> https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/mac/

Scan your Mac with it. Let me know if it found any malwares or adwares.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there…I went to you tube and found a video that it appears has the answer, but could not get it to run.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please respond.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

I did respond. Didn't you get my response ? Here is it again -

Scan your Mac with it. Remove all malwares or adwares if found any. Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did all that, now I have to shut down the computer , having trouble doing that. Plus if I do it will I lose you.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

You don't have to shutdown. When you ran AdwareMedic did it find any malwares ?

Add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites, so will not lose the connection. You can get back to me via that bookmark. This question will never close

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Correction, I meant to say Malwarebytes (formerly named AdwareMedic).

When you scan with Malwarebytes did it find any malwares or adwares ? If so, remove them or delete them. Then open Safari. Is it still crashing ?

If it is still crashing, then in Finder hold down Option key on your keyboard, click on Go menu and select Library. Then drag the Safari folder out of library to Desktop. Then open Caches folder and trash com.apple.Safari

Then open Preferences folder and trash the file name com.apple.safari.plist file and also com.apple.safari.plist.lock file

Open Safari. Does it crash now ?