Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

Each time I open Iphotos it closes up on me

Customer Question

each time I open Iphotos it closes up on me
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

1. Hold down the Command and Option keys on the keyboard.
  2. Open iPhoto.
  3. Keep the keys held down until you are prompted to rebuild the library.
  4. A dialog will appear with rebuild options. Select the options you want to use.
  5. Click Rebuild to begin the rebuild process.

Then tell me if it functions

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no - I think I will need to take my computer to a local technician - I am concerned of losing my thousands of pics. or having them all reorganised on me.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, but they are only going to be doing what I am doing Frances (if your lucky and they are competent enough) as I have been doing this for nearly 2 decades

What happened when you did my instructions?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am nervous about remote support - that is giving all my computer details over to you.
how can i know if it is completely secure ??
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I can understand.

I have been here 6 years and this site 13 and we have been featured on CNN, Financial Times and pretty much every other organisation so if we were a scam that would have been found out long ago.

Plus you have full control and you see everything I do.

And finally I am only interested in solving this for your Frances, there is no value in doing any harm on your computer, and if this is what I did, being as public as we are on the internet, we would have been closed down long ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you Richard - I have decided not to go on with this support.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, a pity Frances as we could have gotten this fix, but I wondered why you never replied back to me... was waiting some time

But if you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you