Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler, Network Engineer
Experience:  21 years experience in PC and Network Design and Support
21913621

My macBook will not send mail, its asking aol password, i

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, my macBook will not send mail, its asking for my aol password, i checked and my password ***** ***** my other info. , I don't remember my password. Also I can send mail from my iphone and ipad??
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: ?? suddenly I cant send mail, it worked fine two days ago, ??
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Mac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, no hurry
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Christopher Bessler replied 1 year ago.

From your problem description is appears that your email account is with AOL. If you do not know what it is anymore, you will need to reset it.

To reset your password:

1. Visit account.aol.com.
  2. On the Sign In screen, under the Password ***** click the Forgot Password? ...
  3. Enter your AOL Username or email address in the Username or Email field.
  4. In the second field, enter the words or characters you see displayed in the image and then click Next.

You will wind up here:

https://account.aol.com/account/password/start

Unfortunately this is something you need to go through on your own. For the security reasons explained in your End User Licensing Agreement, AOL needs to verify your identity before resetting your password. This is how they do that.