Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Will my mac powerbook hook up with my hp envy 5540

Customer Question

will my mac powerbook hook up with my hp envy 5540
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What version of Mac OS X are you using ?

___

Note :We have two options in here. If you want, I can remotely connect to your Mac and help you directly to solve the issue. This is an optional additional service.

Or I can give you instructions in here. So you can follow them to solve the issue. Which one do you prefer ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
10.10
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

HP doesn't have official drivers for the printer model. Apple has some drivers for HP Printer and that may work. First download and install latest drivers for your printer from here --> https://support.apple.com/kb/DL907?locale=en_US

After installing the drivers, connect the printer to your Mac with the USB cable. Then go to System Preferences > Print & Scanner. Then click the + button on the left and add your printer. Does it recognize your printer ?

Please let em know how it goes.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

I've found the official HP application to setup printer. Download and run it from here --> http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Applications/HP_Easy_Start.app.zip

(After downloading double click on the downloaded file and you will get a HP Easy Print Start folder. Open that folder and you will see the HP app that you can use to setup your printer).

If you want, I can remotely connect to your Mac and setup the printer myself for you while you watch. Let me know.