Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

When i log onto amazon from my iMac all i get is text and

Customer Question
empty boxes with little question...
when i log onto amazon from my iMac all i get is text and empty boxes with little question marks no pictures what do i do to fix that
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/25/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 2 years ago
Mike, Mac Medic

Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:

• The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X)
  • Processor
  • Memory
OS X El Capitan
Processor 3.4 GHz intern core i7
Memory 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
help
Mike are you there ?
what's up with this ?

I made an offer to connect so I can see what is happening.

is that an additional 25$
if it is you need to refund the $30 and let me move on...
Mike ?
I'm feeling scammed here.....

Yes it was just an offer... ok then we do it the hard way if that's ok. Are you using Safari?

Have you tried Firefox or Chrome?

both are installed and both will not load amazon correctly

Do you have any security or virus software installed?

If so turn it off then download this and run a scan:

https://www.malwarebytes.org/mac-download/

I'm sorry Chrone is installed i have not used firefox
Malwerebytes is installed but the problem predates
running Malewarebytes now
problem predates the installation and persisted after just updates it and re ran nothing found

Did you turn off security software?

would that be the Malewarebytes program

No I meant any other virus or security software which I asked about before

Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, then hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process. When you see the Apple Logo you can let go. When the machine boots you may have to choose your language then you will see the OS X Utilities screen. Select the Disk Utility and then sDisk Utilityelect Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column (if there are two with that name or it is named something else choose the first indented item) and then on the right select the First Aid tab then select Run.

im not aware of any other soft ware running on this mac

OK after you check the drive open Safari and go to Preferences / Privacy and Remove All Website Data

ok ill try that

Ok I will be back shortly

Any luck?

First aid only half done

Ok

What happened?

Mike, Mac Medic