Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My name is ***** ***** i had a load of photos from my gopro

Customer Question
Customer: Hi there, my name...
Customer: Hi there, my name is ***** ***** i had a load of photos from my gopro (like 20,000) on my imac. I needed to delete them so put them into trash and then tired to empty the trash, its been acting strangely ever since. only 13,000 photos to go. Now it wont start up :(
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I switch it on but it wont open apple sign and spinning wheel
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Mac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure i can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
Hi there, are we nearly ready to start?
11/23/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist

Hello there! My name is***** and I will be assisting you today.

Turn off your mac then hold the shift key. Turn on your mac continuing to hold the shift key for no less the 2 minutes.

try to log in.

if you cannot log in then do the following

1. turn off mac
2. Locate CMD and R keys
3. Turn on mac holding the keys from step 2
4. use disk utility to repair hard drive. Then reset.
5. if issue still persists follow steps 1-3 then select reinstall OSX.

R as in the letter R?
does it need to be caps on?
its an iMac btw
doesnt seem to be working
hello? are you there?

I am here it can be capitol or not you just have to make sure to hold down the cmd and r keys

If its not hold down log enough or incorrectly you will boot normally make sure to fully press them befoer turning on your mac. Then turn on your mac without letting go of the keys. Hold the keys for atleast 2 mins. Then you should be at a pick your language screen. Once you select your language then we can click either reinstall osx or disk utility

still spinning wheel
have tried all of the above but still same response
ok my husband just came home and pressed and held the on button and now I have a lock on the screen
now were back to the spinning wheel again

Its possible that you might have a older version of the OSX operating system installed on your mac. Did you iMac come with any cds?

possibly my hubby bought it in 2009
he cant remember if there were any CDs
I'm going to have to sign off as its 10pm and I need to go to bed as I have an early start

Their should of been a cd but if you cannot find it and for sure did the steps correctly ( cmd or command + the r key ) and still do not get a recovery screen we have no choice but to get that disk. I was looking for one and find one below

ok will do that

Dont hestiate to message back when any questions related to this issue. Have a good night :)

Johnny  Mack
Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist