Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My husband decided to set up my mini i pad approx. a year

Customer Question
Hi my husband decided to...
Hi my husband decided to set up my mini i pad approx. a year ago, he never gave me any details and now can't remember anything, I have not used it in the last 8 months and now urgently need to make use of it, II have an apple id and password ***** my lap top but obviously my ipad is not linked to this, what do I do as I can't get onto my ipad at all
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/23/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 1 year ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

The issue is you cannot unlock the screen lock correct Sandy?

Please let me know.

Thanks

You will have to reset the iPad, there is no other way to remove this.

To do the reset

Connect the iPad to the computer and open itunes. If you do not have it you can download and install it from www.itunes.com

Hold the power and home button down until you see

"iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode..."

Click Restore iPad, let this complete and it should now work

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry only got back to this today, I did everything above, it eventually came up with this ipad is currently linked to an apple id, sign in with the apple id and then asks for the apple id and password, which is my problem as we have no idea what he used.

ok, the procedure I gave should have bypassed this when doing it via the computer.

Repeat the procedure, but instead of holding Power and Home when it is connected to the computer, just hold home until it gets to recovery mode.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.

Richard, Apple Software Engineer