Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I cannot figure out, Safari 9.01 simply stopped functioning

Customer Question
For reasons, I cannot figure...
For reasons, I cannot figure out, Safari 9.01 simply stopped functioning with my Brother "all in One printer and the download processes gives a black screen when I press the download sighn. Sometimes I can download the item by right clicking on download this link-but not always
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
11/23/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 1 year ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you able to print from anything else, such as a document, or a picture file, etc.?

Can you click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on About this Mac..., then tell me your Mac OS X version, such as 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, etc.?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have OX Yosemite 10.10.5. I can print from my two laser printers a Brother and an HP. I can also print in Adobe and some applications.

Do you mean you can print from Adobe and some applications to the Brother all-in-one printer, but you cannot print from Safari to the Brother all-in-one printer right? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that seems to be the case. I'm also worried about downloading documents

Thank you. Please try the following fix:

- In Safari, click on the Safari menu at the top, then click on Clear history and website data..., and from the dropdown menu, select the option all history and clear, then check.

- If that does not work, please download and install the Google Chrome application at the website below:

https://www.google.com/chrome/

; keep default option during installation, and skip / cancel the google account sign in page when prompted

, then quit Safari application

, then use Google Chrome application for browsing Internet / websites; use Google Chrome to print web pages and use Google Chrome to download documents.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The first thing did not work. I'll try the next thing but it doesn't solve the problem with Safari. Or does it? Can I then use safari? Also I do not understand why I am being charged for this in addition to being charged at the beg. The 7 day trial says my first question is free?

I'm sorry. That is for direct remote support; you can ignore it.

This means Safari is corrupted; you can go to Mac App Store, then update to the latest Mac OS X version 10.11 (El Capitan), and see if it fixes the Safari issue.

However, I recommend to try Google Chrome application:

https://www.google.com/chrome/

Chrome is faster and more reliable than Safari; you can test Chrome and check.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your advice, I really appreciate it. However I'm still confused is this a free question or not??

You're welcome. I'm the computer tech, so I'll have our customer service contact you later about the free trial / billing issue. Don't worry, we'll make sure you are satisfied at the end. Thank you.

In the mean time, please try my suggestion, then let me know. Thank you.

Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech