Joel
Joel, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  CompTIA Network+ Linux+ Security+
90483924

My icalendar will not open says locked

Customer Question

my icalendar will not open says locked for maintenance
Category: Mac
Expert:  Joel replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Joel and I look forward to assisting you today with your question. Have you tried signing out of iCloud on the troublesome iPhone, then signing back in? Cheers Joel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also tried different computers. also shut down computer and restarted. also turned of icloud on non functioning iPhone.
Expert:  Joel replied 1 year ago.

No worries, seems you tried most things. The error about locked for maintenance, is that presented on the iPhone itself? Does it ever alternate and display any different errors?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Calendar is working on an iPhone and the iPad. I updated the iPhone and it updated the iPad. I have a third device that I brought on line last night. The adress book worked fine. The calendar does not work. That is when tje calendar problem on tje computer started. I then removed the new iPhone 6 from my cloud account and the computer iCloud calendar remained locked.
Expert:  Joel replied 1 year ago.

Hi mate, I've done some more research into your issue. See this link. Seems quiet a few others are also experiencing similar types of issues. Since you have covered most of steps in trying to regain access, have you also logged a support ticket with Apple? Cheers, Joel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did they did not reply. My brother fixed it this weekend. Thank you. I had 2 iCloud accounts and had to close one out.
Expert:  Joel replied 1 year ago.

No worries. Let me know if I can assist with anything else. Cheers, Joel