Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have a 160gb classic. My itunes will not recognize it. I

Customer Question
Hi Nick I have a 160gb...
Hi Nick
I have a 160gb classic. My itunes will not recognize it. I have done a reset...no effect. then i put it into disc mode. Still not recognized. Hve now reset it again, but no progress.
Steve
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
11/20/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Michael Hannigan, Mac Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Mac Support Specialist

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

The first thing I would do is switch it out of disc mode again to see if you can get recognized. I would restart the Mac after that, and then plug it into a different USB port. This should cause your computer to recognize the device and install the driver forward again. If it doesn't then it may be a problem with the iPod classic. If that's the case, let me know and there are some other steps that we can take.

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan