Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

I am working on an OS X version 10.8.5 desktop MAC and have

Customer Question

I am working on an OS X version 10.8.5 desktop MAC and have the option to upgrade for free to the OS X El Capitan. Would this move be acceptable or should I stay with my original operating system?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

If you have no issues with your current installation, I would advise to stay for now and not yet upgrade Barbara. There are still a lot of issues with the upgrade, so its best to avoid this unless you have an actual reason to upgrade to it.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you