Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I upgraded to El Capitan a week or two ago - now problems!

Customer Question

I upgraded to El Capitan a week or two ago - now problems! First when I use image capture it does not send the document to the document I requested, I tried several times and I contacted our computing center at the U of Minnesota and they tell me a lot of people have the same problem and Apple has to fix the glicth.
Today- even worse! I want to log into Direct TV to watch the NFL package and the Packers. I have done this many times in the past no problem. Today every time I sign in the Adobe Flash player crashes shortly after signing in. I have updated to the most recent flash player, have shut everything else down and have rebooted a few times. It always starts briefly then crashes. The only difference I can think of from when it previously worked well to now is that I am now on a new mac operating system - El Capitan.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Let's start by checking some things:

Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, then hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process. When you see the Apple Logo you can let go. When the machine boots you may have to choose your language then you will see the OS X Utilities screen. Select the Disk Utility and then sDisk Utilityelect Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column (if there are two with that name or it is named something else choose the first indented item) and then on the right select the First Aid tab then select Run.