Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I recently installed el capitan on my MacBook and now it

Customer Question

I recently installed el capitan on my MacBook and now it won't reboot. Stays on a white screen with no apple logo or load bar. I tried command + r, command + option + r, command + shift, and command + option + r + p. None of which have worked. I'm still stuck on the white screen with no progress
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

So you shut it down by holding the power button for 10 seconds then you started up holding Command -R?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

If so:

1. Shut down the computer.
2. Plug in the power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
5. Press the power button to turn on the computer.
6. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.
7. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts.
8. Release the keys.
Note: The LED on the power adapter may change states or temporarily turn off when you reset the SMC.