Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

EJECT DVD FROM IMac

Customer Question

EJECT DVD FROM IMac
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

There are several ways to eject the disc. If you can see the disc icon on desktop, then just click and drag it to Trash icon and it will eject. If that didn't work, then select the disc icon and press Command E and it will eject.

If the disc is stuck, then follow the steps below to force eject it.

Rrestart your mac and immediately hold down the "eject" key on your keyboard for 20 seconds or until the disc comes out.

Or restart your mac and immediately hold down the LEFT mouse button before the chime sound/grey screen appears. Keep it held down until the disk comes out. It would like take only up to 20 seconds to eject the disc.

These methods will eject the disc unless the disc is jammed in there. Let me know if you are unable to eject it, so we can try a different method to eject it.