Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps
50064670

Im using keynotes to create icons app that I'm working

Customer Question

Im using keynotes to create icons for an app that I'm working at, anyway when I convert the shapes "icons" from keynote to png format, the resolution drops. I need a way to convert the icons to png and have the same quality. note: I'm using the latest
iPad and macbook pro together, with latest updates in both.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Make sure, there is enough image resolution (I like to recommend 300) When resolution decreases image quality decreases. The way to change image resolution in Keynote is: Inspector > Document > Document > and select Custom from the Slide Size drop down menu. Now export the drawings and check the result.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to have the exported drawing as "layer" without the background, for example how can i export the shapes from keynotes as png, not the whole screen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this a screenshot for better understanding of the issue
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Try this: Copy the image in Keynote, you can then open Preview and select "New from Clipboard" to paste the image, and save it as a PDF. That will preserve the transparency. If you have Adobe Photoshop or illustrator,, open that PDF on it and save as PNG.

If you do not have Photoshop or illustrator, follow below steps:

Download and install the free public beta of the App Skitch from http://plasq.com/skitch , Copy your artwork from Keynote, Paste into Skitch then set it's background to transparent. Export the image from there and check the result.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i really can't buy an app like photoshop or illustrator then I found out its not working, to make sure that result will be perfect ill send you an icon from my keynote, then you try to convert it and send it back to me and let me compare resoultion between the keynote one and the png you made.
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

I am not on a Mac now. Please send me the PDF files. I will convert it to PNG and test.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its not PDF , I made the icons on keynotes
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I know. Copy the image in Keynote. Tthen open Preview and select "New from Clipboard" to paste the image, and save it as a PDF. Send me that PDF.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if i did what your asking for the resolution of the shapes will drop so much!! whats the point here to convert it to pdf!! anyway this is the icon as PDF
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Please check this PNG. Preview it in 100%. Zooming larger will reduce the quality because PNG is a bitmap format and not vector.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
whats the point here? and how that related to my problem? did you even read my question? I need a method to keep the same resolution as the shapes in keynotes, I don't want the resolution to drop
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Did you check the PNG file I sent ? Is there any resolution drop ? I can't find any resolution drop on the PNG I sent.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the picture is not working, you sent me a link
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Okay, if so please try the following link:

http://wikisend.com/download/312790/icon+test+pdf.png

Download the PNG file and check it.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
same result as using preview, nothing new about the one you sent
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Please check thsi PDF

http://wikisend.com/download/964258/icon test.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok but ill need it without the white background
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Okay, will send the sample without background later