Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I used archive.org to store my audio file and provide a

Customer Question
audio player for my website...
I used archive.org to store my audio file and provide a audio player for my website www.nacwl.com posts. I established a feed burner account so that my podcasts would have a feed to make it a podcast on iTunes. However, feed burner reports that files are returning text and not binary (?? lost me) and thus iTunes is not receiving the podcast on their end either. Everything seems to be working on my website however it's not making it to/thru feed burner and iTunes. Need help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
10/31/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 years ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

This error means, you've managed to send Feedburner a blog feed rather than a podcast feed. I checked your website and it do not have a podcast feed. It contains:

National Association of Christian Women Leaders » Feed: https://www.nacwl.com/feed/

National Association of Christian Women Leaders » Comments Feed: https://www.nacwl.com/comments/feed/

National Association of Christian Women Leaders » Home Comments Feed: https://www.nacwl.com/home/feed/

Can you please let me know the feed link you are using on feedburner for podcasts ?

Regards

Jins

This is the feed (https://www.nacwl.com/tag/nacwl-podcast/feed) that I put in on feed burner as instructed in this article: http://www.labnol.org/internet/publish-podcast-on-itunes/28226/ The only post that currently has the nacwl-podcast tag is this one: https://www.nacwl.com/move-up/confidence-awareness/When I get to #6 in the article iTunes gives me an error that reads: We had difficulty downloading your episode from your feed. So I went back to feed burner and ran their pod medic analysis and received this feedback from feed burner:PodMedic
PodMedic examines links in each of your feed items. If it finds trouble creating an enclosure, it reports the cause of the trouble. PodMedic examines every link in each posting. Of course, you probably link to things that aren't meant to become enclosures, so you can safely ignore reports on links that point to other web pages. Your current report is always displayed below.
Content Item: "Confidence A to Z Podcast: Awareness"
Link: http://www.karenzeigler.com
Content Type reported: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Media enclosure not created because: The content type returned from your host server was a text type, not a binary media type. Podcast content should always return a binary media type, such as audio/mpeg for audio, or video/mpeg for video.
Link: https://www.nacwl.com/move-up/confidence-awareness/
Link: https://www.nacwl.com
Media enclosure not created because: The content type returned from your host server was a text type, not a binary media type. Podcast content should always return a binary media type, such as audio/mpeg for audio, or video/mpeg for video.So from what I can tell (though I have no technical experience at all....the audio file in the blog post (https://www.nacwl.com/move-up/confidence-awareness/) is not being seen as an audio file on feed burner...thus they have nothing to send over to iTunes.p.s. the article that I originally followed step by step advised using google drive to house audio files for free. I used that first and received same error. I emailed the author of the article and he said this: "Drive could be deprecating hosting next year. You could use archive.org for hosting free." That's when I switched the audio files to archive.org but the same problem of fee burner not seeing text files only persists.

Okay, Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Regards
Jins

Mike, Mac Medic