Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have been using WD Passport drives and have had no

Customer Question

I have been using WD Passport drives for years and have had no problems with them. Just recently, when I try and make new folders, I am getting message that they are all read only drives. I have never password ***** of these drives or requested they be read only. I cannot find any way to change this. can you help. I use these drives on a MAC, but have Parallels and use them on the Windows side as well.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I will be the person helping you today.

I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.

May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?

Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there

I am here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, can you not help without accessing my computer?

I can help without accessing the computer, but I don't see how I can be of much help.

I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Open the Disk Utility select one of the volumes under a WD drive and tell me what you see on the right next to Format