Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I keep getting this message when I try to sync my device to

Customer Question
I-tunes “I-tunes could not connect to...
I keep getting this message when I try to sync my device to I-tunes
“I-tunes could not connect to the I-pod “Jim’s I-pod” because an invalid response was received from the device. I am using12.3.3.23
thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/26/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 2 years ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

Can you connect the iPod to a different USB port on the computer and then try to synch it

Let me know the results please.

Have done that before...nothing different no solution!

Can you tell me which iPod you are using please?

I-pod touch....32gb bought it a number of year ago worked fine until new ITunes update version which I sent to you.

Thanks

Can you disconnect it from the computer and hold the home and power buttons for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo then release.

Let the iPod restart and when it has, tell me if it will now synch please

Hey Richard...this is basic stuff that I have already done!!! I need advice other than the basics going forward.

ok, you have listed under already Tried

"uninstall/re-install I-tunes, changed cables, tried on windows 10 and 7 on different computers"

So we do not go over the same things you have already done, can you please tell me what else you have actually done.

Thanks

Listen.. I explained everything I did in my first e-mail. I need better tech support than this. At this point unless you can tell me something that I already don't know I can't see continuing this conversation. Please stop payment on my credit card because I do not require your services. Thanks for the help! Oh! I see you have charged my card for $41 ...what is that about?

ok, I am sorry you feel this way.

Your initial email specifies only

"I keep getting this message when I try to sync my device to I-tunes “I-tunes could not connect to the I-pod “Jim’s I-pod” because an invalid response was received from the device. I am using12.3.3.23 thanks

uninstall/re-install I-tunes, changed cables, tried on windows 10 and 7 on different computers...no luck"

As we do not want to go over the steps you have already done, and as your telling me you have done more then what you specified, all I asked you to do was specify what you have actually done. I am not sure why you cannot do this, and how you expect better support when your not giving the complete picture. Its difficult when you complain about steps being told to you you have already done, yet wont actually tell what you have done.

But no problem, Ill organise a refund for you. I just advise in the future, be as detailed as possible in order to get quick support with addition things you have not yet done.

Thanks and all the best

Richard, Apple Software Engineer