Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

160;I'VE GOT an external disk now. We could

Customer Question
HELLO! I'VE GOT an external disk now. We...
HELLO! I'VE GOT an external disk now. We could finish the backup.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
10/21/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 2 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hello Jarmo, Can we do this tomorrow ? It is almost 1:00 AM in here and going to bed in an half hour. I presume it is also late in there. What about tomorrow morning ? 9:00AM your time ?

Tomorrow 9.00AM my time is OK!

Ok, I will get back to you tomorrow. Good Night

Good Night!

Good Night (no need to reply back)

Good morning!
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Good Morning Jarmo. I will send you the remote link in a minute.

Here is the remote link to connect --> https://www.fastsupport.com/193076174

It should be completed by now. Once they are copied, delete the Photos Library from Pictures folder. Empty Trash. Then copy the big merged library from TC to your Pictures folder.

I'm now copying big merged from TC to external. It says about 2 hours left.
After that I'll copy big merged from TC to pics folder.
I'll not delete the merged libraries but copy also them from TC to external.
Should this be the final setup:
* Let all libs stay on TC and let be there until space in TC is needed sometime in future? (I'd say yes)
* Have all libs definitely on external. (I'd say yes)
* Run Photos only with big merged and see that it's the only lib in use (Is this ensured by always opening first the library from Finder?)
run dedupl of big merged?

You may need to delete the big old library from Pictures (internal hd) folder, so you will get the space to copy the new big merged library from TC

Let all libs stay on TC and let be there until space in TC is needed sometime in future? (I'd say yes) - Yes

Have all libs definitely on external. (I'd say yes) - Yes

Run Photos only with big merged and see that it's the only lib in use (Is this ensured by always opening first the library from Finder?)

After copying the big library from TC to Pictures folder (of Internal HD), hold down Option key open Photos. Select Choose Library and select the big merged library from the internal hd > Pictures folder.

Once it loaded the library, disconnect or eject the TC drive and also the external drive. Then open Photos. If it opens the library, then you can run the dedup on it.

Ashik, R u still there?

Hi there, I will get back to you on morning

Hi there, Sorry for the delay. How is it going ?

It's all done now! Thanks a million!!!

Glad to hear that and you're most welcome !

If you've any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Don't forget to rate my service positively if you are satisfied with my service.

Have a great day,

Hello Jarmo, It is me Ashik again. I'm just following up with you to see how it is going. Is Photos working fine now ?

Working fine, thanks!!

I'm very glad to hear that ! Don't forget to rate my service positively if you are satisfied.

Have a great day,

Ashik, Mac Technician