Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

How Do I upgrade my well-esteemed Safari Browser BOok Air

Customer Question

How Do I upgrade my well-esteemed Safari Browser for Mac BOok Air 10.7.5 ?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You are probably already on the latest Safari that your Mac OS X 10.7.5 can handle. To check if there are no updates pending, do the steps below.

Open Applications folder and open App Store application. In App Store, click on the Updates tab at the top right and you will see all available updates there. Do you see Safari update there ? If so, install it.

If you don't see Safari update there, then you are already on latest Safari that your Mac can handle. But you are not on the latest version of Mac OS X. The latest version of Mac OS X is version 10.11 El Capitan

You can upgrade the OS X 10.7.5 to 10.11 El Capitan and you will get most latest version Safari as well. To do that, open App Store application from Applications folder. Search Mac OS X or click El Capitan Install there and it will download El Capitan. Once the download is completed, follow the onscreen instructions to install.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Payment was Correct, please state the problem your side experienced, thank you
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Not sure I understand. You already made the payment. Is there any issue ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I double-checked the credit card information before sending it. Please understand that the process is confusing in some ways and feels insecure. Thank you.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

The payment of the question is already processed. Are you having any difficulty when you accept the remote support offer ? If so, it is OK. I will ask JustAnswer to clear the issue.

Don't worry. It might be a system error. Would you like me to remotely connect to your Mac and setup the updates for you ? Or do you prefer instructions in here ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Ashik,
Yes there was a problem, a large sign in red covered the page and said there was a problem with my payment.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The system only takes me back to the question page. I don't understand. BUT I have gotten your emails just like a few minutes ago. thank you
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about that. I've no control over your account to check it. But I will inform the customer service to look at it. If you've got charged anything unauthorized, you will get full refund. No worries and your payment is very secure and safe in here.

You can close that message. Now, I will help you with your issue.

To get the most latest version of Safari, you will have to upgrade the OS X from 10.7.5 Lion to Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan. El Capitan is the latest version of OS X that released last month.

To install the El Capitan update, please follow the steps below;

In Finder, click on the Go menu at the top bar and select Applications. This will open the Applications folder. Then open the App Store application. In App Store. you wil see El Capitan there. Click Download. It is a big file, so it would take a while to complete the download. Once the download is completed, it will prompt you to install. So just follow the onscreen instructions to install it.

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know by replying in here.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

You're most welcome ! You can also download El Capitan from here --> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/os-x-el-capitan/id1018109117?mt=12

It is free of cost. If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will continue to help you until your issue is solved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, AshIk, and thank you, ***** ***** pick up your answer at all, and now I am fatigued so I guess for now I'll give up. Your company has my email. I appreciate You having tried. From your last email, which was … and then ended, I guess You were about to say that from my version of Operating System I probably have the highest I can go with Safari. And I am experiencing the same problem with theFirefox. So I bess either to Dot Foil in Santa Fe, or down to Albuquerque to the Apple Store for Genius Bar. thank you, Katya
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Katya, I'm really sorry for any inconvenience caused to you by this site. Upgrading to latest OS X will give you latest Safari. What issue are you facing with Safari and Firefox ?

Would you like me to remotely connect to your Mac and fix the issues for you ?