Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of computer experience, CISCO certified
30970729

I did everything above and still get the error message

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

What error messages are you getting, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Safari cannot open the page because the server cannot be found."
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Does this happen for all web pages or only some?

What all have you tried so far?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've already answered this in my original question. The problem is still not resolved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it happens for all web pages.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi, There is no information in your original questions. It only says "Everything you suggested" - what do you mean by "Everything"?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pressed the home and power button simultaneously until the apple appeared. I reset my wifi settings. I cleared my cache.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Can you still get emails ok on the iPad using the Mail app?

Can you use any other apps that connect to the internet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cannot get mail. Cannot get Weather ("there may be a problem with your connection"). CAN get on to Facebook though.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

So even after resetting the iPad to its factory settings, Safari will not work when you connect to wifi?

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried connecting to wifi at a different location?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not however all my other devices connect to Wi-Fi in my house perfectly .
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I understand, however there may be an incompatibility between your home wifi and the iPad.

If it works ok at all other locations then this will prove that the issue is only with your wifi and we can troubleshoot it further.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have anywhere else to check it. Let's assume it's with the wifi and troubleshoot from there. What should I do next to figure out the answer to this problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have found that I do not get the error at my brother's house. What do I do to make it work at my house?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Ok, then it is likely a wifi security encryption problem - you can try temporarily turning off your wireless security. If it then connects ok this proves that the security encryption is the problem and you can try using a different encryption type.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All other wireless devices work, except for the iPad. How could it be a security encryption problem if everything else is working fine?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Because those other devices are compatible with your security setting.

Try changing it and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I change it?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

You will need to log on to the router's configuration settings to change it.

The details of how to do this are normally printed on the bottom of the wifi router.
Let me know the make and model number of the router if you need further assistance with this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I change it, won't it affect all of our other devices ?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you will need to reconnect all other wireless devices again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Comcast checked it and said its not the security in the router. What other solutions are there?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

As we are assuming it's a problem with the wifi then the only other options are that some other setting on the router is incorrect or incompatible. It is the security setting in around 90% of cases. Apart from that, we are looking for a needle in a haystack scenario, and I would advise replacing the router.