Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Fix my ipad it is connected to my computer Ipad does not

Customer Question

Fix my ipad it is connected to my computer
Ipad does not start battery is fully charged just have itunes icon
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What version of Windows are you using on your computer ? XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 10 ?

Or are you using a Apple Mac computer ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.

The cable to iTunes icon indicates that the firmware/software of your iPad has corrupted. Your only option is to force-restore the iPad to factory settings through iTunes by putting it to recovery mode, which will erase everything from it.

Follow the steps below to restore your iPad by putting it to recovery mode.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

If it asked you to restore it, then click Restore and then Restore and Update.

If iTunes doesn't ask you to restore, then do the following

On your iPad press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time UNTIL you see a USB cable pointing to iTunes icon on the iPad's screen. The iTunes will also detect a iPad in recovery mode and ask you to restore it.

Click Restore or Restore and Update button.

Note : Put it to recovery mode while connected to computer and also in recovery mode your iPad will show USB cable pointing to iTunes logo. And it will take a while to restore it.

Remember, this is not my final answer. If my solutions didn't work please don't rate me bad or poor. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem or you are satisfied.