Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP
Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am excited to get started with you.
From what you are describing, you are experiencing a ransomware scam. Here is what you will need to do to get rid of it.
1. Click on the apple logo in the upper left corner and choose Force Quit
2. Select Safari from the list and choose force quit
3. Next, Press and hold down the SHIFT key while opening safari. The shift key needs to be held down until safari opens. This allows safari to open up in safe mode
4. When safari opens, click on Safari at the top menu bar and choose Clear History and Website Data. If you are running an earlier version of Mac OS X, it will say reset safari
If you are still unable to launch safari using the above instructions, I can remote into your mac and resolve the issue for you
I totally understand. I can surly walk you through step by step. Lets first start with locating the library folder.
1. Click on Finder and click on Go at top menu bar and choose Go To Folder. Paste or type this inside ~/Library
2. After the you enter ~/Library and choose Go, another window will open. Make sure safari is closed first. Within the Library folder, click on Saved application state
3. Located com.apple.Safari.savedState folder and drag it into the trash
4. Next, go back to the preference folder and click on Safari. Within the Safari folder, drag the LastSession.plist file into the trash
5. Lastly, Go back and click on the Preferences folder. Within the preference folder, locate and delete com.apple.Safari.plist.
6. Restart your Mac
It appears the ransomware scam issue is resolved. By default, push notifications are enabled. To disable it,
It would be much easier if I could provide remote support into your mac. I understand that you are very uncomfortable with that option. I would like to opt out and allow other experts with a fresh set of eyes to better assist you.
Can you tell me the exact version of OS X you are currently running, please?
Click the Apple logo in the menu bar at the top left of the screen
Select "About This Mac"
In the window that opens, look for the "Version" information. Please let me know what it says.