Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My I pad is disabled. the picture zoomed in so large that I

Customer Question

My I pad is disabled. the picture zoomed in so large that I can no longer enter my 4 digit code to open it. Every time I try, it says I pad disabled. Go to ITunes. But if I can't open the Ipad, How do I do that?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

To disable Zoom, double tap the screen with three fingers at the same time and this will disable Zoom. Or you can disable Zoom from Settings > General > Accessibility > Zoom and turn it off from there. When Zoom is enabled, you have to scroll using three fingers.

If the iPad completely disabled, then your only option is force-restore the iPad to factory settings through iTunes on your computer by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it.

But if you've backed up your iPad to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPad from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account.

Follow the steps below to restore your iPad by putting it to DFU Mode.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

On your iPad press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.

After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.

Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPad will remain blank and will be unresponsive. It is normal. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take a while to restore it.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just tried to start the ipad but the battery is not charged. Can we postpone this for 20 minutes so It can charge up enough to work with.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.

Sure. Add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites, so you can get back to me any time you want and this question will not be closed.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi the disabled sign just came on so I can try to proceed with your instructions.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.

Ok, make sure you follow the steps exactly. Let me know how it goes.

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.

Hi there, I'm just checking. How is it going ?