Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Transfer all information from older iPadMini 1 to brand new

Customer Question
iPad mini 3. All information...
Transfer all information from older iPadMini 1 to brand new iPad mini 3. All information than shut off 1 periot
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
I am typing ones iPad through SAFARInow , all the years I used the mini 1 I used Google that's what I want as home page, I have a few things in here but what is another story . Start at beginning.
9/16/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 2 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You can use iTunes application on your computer to transfer everything from the old iPad to new iPad.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the old iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

iTunes will recognize your iPad. Select your iPad in the top left (select iPad icon)

Then in Summary section, click Backup and make sure "To this computer" is selected.

Then disconnect the old iPad and connect the new iPad. After connecting new iPad - If asked to setup as new iPad or restore from backup, select restore from backup and select the backup of your old iPad.

If you didn't get that option, then select your new iPad at the top right. Under Summary, click Restore Backup and select the backup of old iPad. Click Restore. This will transfer everything from the old iPad to new iPad.

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will walk you through it.

Remember, this is not my final answer. If my solutions didn't work please don't rate me bad or poor. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem or you are satisfied.

Asshiki have done all up to compnnecting old ipad1 where're music is to put on computer hooked wired found Apple iPad in middle at bottom of page says remove devici
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Are you sure you downloaded and installed latest iTunes ? If not, download it from this website --> https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Open the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions to install. After installing, open iTunes.

Select the iPad in iTunes at the top left (the iPad icon). Then click Backup button and make sure "To this computer" is selected. After backing up, connect the new iPad, select it in iTunes and click Restore Backup.

Refer this sample article --> https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201269

(see Backup and Transfer secion - the article shows iPhone, but it is the same procedure for iPad).

If your old iPad is backed up to iCloud, then you can restore the new iPad from iCloud. While setting up the new iPad, choose Restore from iCloud.

If you've already setup new iPad, then go to Settings > General > Reset and Erase All Contents and Settings. After that, setup the iPad and restore it from iCloud while setting up.

I have done by item each thing you said in first paragraph, I have on my own finally gotten music to come out of old iPad I believe that it might be loading on computer,
I am frustrated enough for 1 day. That's a week and a half of 1 days. I'll give it another try tomorrow probably. l'll write down your name. And anything else necessary. Thanks. ***** time 5:40pM

Hi Jon, sorry for the delay. Can we do a remote support session ? So I can remotely connect to your Mac and do this for you while you watch

Hi Jon, sorry for the delay. Can we do a remote support session ? So I can remotely connect to your computer and transfer everything for you while you watch. This is a very quick one time secure service and I will solve the issue for you.

I called the following day and a very helpful lady got me up and running. Jon Lamb
776878

Hi Jon, glad to hear that. If you need any of my help, please let me know.

Ashik, Mac Technician