Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My i mac keeps freezing up not connecting to web sites I

Customer Question
My i mac keeps freezing...
My i mac keeps freezing up not connecting to web sites I have to restart
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
9/16/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 2 years ago
Mike, Mac Medic

Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:

• The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X)
  • Processor
  • Memory
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
lets just type...I don't want the additional charge

Ok then I just need that info...

yosemite processor is 2.5
4gb

10.10.5? If so please do this to start:

Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, then hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process. When you see the Apple Logo you can let go. When the machine boots you may have to choose your language then you will see the OS X Utilities screen. Select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column (if there are two with that name or it is named something else choose the first indented item) and then Highlight your hard drive and on the right select the First Aid tab if it is not already selected, then click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that says “OK” in green type then select Repair Disk Permissions. If it is not ok let me know.

I've done all that
it did not solve the issue

OK that is just a precaution and must be checked first, so Verify Disk was OK and you Repaired Permissions? Ok is that 10.10.5? Also MacKeeper is useless at best and harmful at worst I suggest you remove that to start:

http://macpaw.com/landings/land245?campaign=search%5Ftext%5Fcmm3%5Funinstall%5Fmackeeper&utm_source=&utm_medium=&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=&gclid=Cj0KEQjwg9%2DvBRCK7L7wmO2u0JcBEiQA%5FtzoaI2U%5FQIaNh4ovUer5esceaWiePYpe%2D5Y1xnIwa2YXIsaAsNk8P8HAQ&siteID=&CJPID=&mpaid=

it is 10.10.5 I'll try to remove it...
I removed it...I also have malware bytes...is that no good as well?

No that is fine. Then I need some information is it freezing when in a certain app or just randomly.

it has been freezing from the start up, I reboot, then it's ok for a while but as I try to go to other sites it freezes, the "connecting" just keeps going and never connects.

Ok is this just Safari do you have Chrome or Firefox?

Safari and firefox...don't use chrome

Ok are they both doing that?

Ok then let's start by going to Macintosh HD / Library / drag the folder Internet Plugins to the desktop then restart and let me know if they problem persists

how do I do that?

Macintosh HD is your hard drive on the Desktop if you don't see it: Select the first icon in the Dock, the face (Finder), then go to the top left of your screen to Finder / Preferences / General and check all boxes under Show these items on the Desktop.

I have library on my desk top now what?

Not Library put that back...!! inside Library just drag the folder Internet Plugins to the Desktop

I can connect without the fee as a courtesy... OK go to the link below and click on Join your Session then allow the app to run and look for my messages on your screen: http://mikethemacmedic.com:8040/?Session=4af53d64-bd12-4686-a128-7f11bfb9c7a3

greatl I've put the library back

just drag the folder Internet Plugins to the Desktop, then restart and let me know if the problem persists

o.k I've put Plugin on the desktop
Things seem o.k...should I leave the internet plugins on my desk top ? or remove them?

Ok did you follow the rest of the instructions? Is it still crashing?

You will need some of them but it will be hard to identify the culprit. The easiest way would be to just boot to Recovery HD and Reinstall Mac OS X. That will put back the default ones, then you can trash it

Mike, Mac Medic