Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of computer experience, CISCO certified
30970729

I t a wall installing avid media composer 6 on my iMac

Customer Question

hi, I hit a wall installing avid media composer 6 on my iMac
(24inch,2009) 2.93GHz Intel Core 2 Due, 8 GB memory, NVIDIA GeForce GT Graphics.
Installation stops at selecting the disk to install the program, it won't allow me to select my Macintosh HD. It says not all requirements were met. I have 402.32GB free space out of 639.28GB
Do I have to upgrade my HD or empty it further (avid media composer requires min 80GB)
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

What version of OS X is installed on your iMac?

If you check the Minimum System Requirements you may see that your OS version does not meet the minimum system requirements to run the software.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im running OS X Yosemite, Version 10.10.5
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have 640GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA hard drive.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

Ok, you seem to be meeting most of the system requirements so far, so the only other one I can think of is that your iMac must be a 64bit system to run the Avid software.

To check if you are running the 32-bit or 64-bit kernel, launch System Profiler and click on the "Software" heading in the Contents section.

The line "64-bit Kernel and Extensions" will say "Yes" if you are running the 64-bit kernel and "No" if you are running the 32-bit kernel....

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm running 64-bit...
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

Ok, I will return this question to the question list to see if the other experts have any further idea on the problem.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks for trying Pete, hopefully someone can shed some light.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hey Pete, just want to let you know I'm having someone come over to look at the issue. I don't wish to continue further if thats ok. Also wondering if ill be charged even though my issue was no resolved.regards, Anita
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

Hi Anita,

Thanks for the update.

There is no charge if you don't rate my service - any money you have paid to the site remains in your JustAnswer account.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no refund?
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

Hi Anita,

I am a user of this site just like you, so I cannot see any account or refund information.
However, I do know that I have not been paid anything for my time on this question page, and any money you have paid to the site is still in your JustAnswer account for future questions.
Let me know if I can help with anything else on your iMac,
Best,
Pete.