Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have circle with a slash thru it on my MacBook Pro at

Customer Question

I have circle with a slash thru it on my MacBook Pro at stsrtup
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

I'm sorry about the issue. The circle with slash indicates that the system files are moved, deleted or corrupted. We may need to reinstall the OS X. But first we can do some basic troubleshooting steps and see if it works or not.

First reset the PRAM and NVRAM of your Mac. Follow the steps below to reset the PRAM and NVRAM

Shut down your Mac

Restart and immediately hold down Command-Option-P-R keys at the same time

Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for two or three times.

Release the keys and let the Mac bootup.

If that didn't work, then restart your Mac and immediately hold down Shift key on your keyboard for 15 seconds and this will boot into Safe Mode.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will send you instructions to reinstall the OS X.

Remember, this is not my final answer. If my solutions didn't work please don't rate me bad or poor. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem or you are satisfied.

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.

If the above options doesn't work, then you must reinstall the OS X.

Reinstalling OS X won't delete any of your files. It will just replace the corrupted system files with new one and that should fix the problem.

Restart your Mac and immediately hold down Command and R keys (or Command, Option and R keys) at same time for 10-15 seconds and this will boot your Mac to the Mac OS X Utilities screen. From there, click Reinstall Mac OS X. Then follow the instructions to reinstall your Mac OS X.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Edit : I see that the other expert helped you to identify the problem and you are going to take it to the Apple store, please don't rate this answer anything since you have not tried my suggestion. Please don't rate this answer bad or poor or anything.