Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have i macbook pro that recently started to crash daily

Customer Question

Hello there
I have i macbook pro that recently started to crash daily 3-5 times .. It just go off and i can't turn it on again .. Nothing seems alive even the charger light gets very weak when i plug it in .. Usually i can turn the device on after leaving it for a while .. I don't know what is causing that to happen
Any ideas?
And thanks for what u r doing for us
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

You gave a ton of good information in your question, and that cuts down on my need to ask you a lot of questions in return.

The key piece of info is that you said t he charger light sometimes looks very weak. That tells us that your magsafe charger adapter is beginning to fail. It needs to be replaced.

Now depending on what exact model and version of macbook pro you have. You either need this power adapter http://amzn.to/1NOPwgj

Or this one. http://amzn.to/1JE7tZ4

Before ordering either though, reply and let me know the year and the size of your macbook pro, that way we can be certain were ordering the exact charger you need. Also, I would stay away from generics, the 20-40$ you save on a generic charger, isnt worth the damage it can do to your 1500$ + machine.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for ur reply but i think u missed my main problem which is that my macbook pro is crashing, it suddenly shuts down and never turns on .. Leaving it for a while could make it to turn on again but some times it stays over a day.
It doesn't matter if the magsafe was pluged in or not so i think this exclude the charger to be the cause of the problem. " the charger's light gets weak when i plug in the charger after the labtop turns off .. But when the labtop is working fine the green light is bright and good"
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.

The charger is failing.. Thats the root of your issues. The crashes can be fixed, and were caused due to the failing charger.

To fix the crashes, you either need to reset the pram, or repair install the OS. You could reset the pram as follows.

Shut down your Mac.
Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Option, Command (⌘), P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
Turn on your Mac.
Immediately press and hold the Option-Command-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.

Continue holding the keys down until your Mac restarts, and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
Release the keys.

Just keep in mind, no amount of software "fixes" will fix a failing charger. ( Identified by the light getting faint and flickering)

Dustin S.