Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have a 2011ish iMac 23" and am currently about to purchase

Customer Question
a 15" Macbook Pro....
I have a 2011ish iMac 23" and am currently about to purchase a 15" Macbook Pro. Can my PS 5 be added to my new macbook pro? And can I also add lightroom? These are important questions. And one more. I currently with a wacom tablet with my iMac. Can that also be installed on the 15" Macbook Pro?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
8/26/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 2 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Yes, the Adobe applications you have can be installed on the new Macbook Pro without any problems. But you might not be able to use them on both Macs at same time when both connected to same network or internet.

To do that, you may either need to buy new licence or you have to contact Adobe and request them to transfer the Adobe Licence to your new Macbook Pro and they will do it for you. Some products have two computer licences which will allow you to use the products on both Macs at same time. You have to contact Adobe to know what licence type you have.

Contact them from this link --> https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Under 'Choose Product, select Other Product or service'

Select 'Downloading, installing and setting up'

Select 'Licencing and activation'

Select 'Still Need Help ? Contact Us'

Or contact Adobe from this link --> https://goo.gl/4PUzDe

Re Wacom tablet, Yes it can be installed on the 15" Macbook Pro as Wacom does provide drivers and software for latest Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite (which will be the version that the new Mac comes with). You can get latest drivers for Wacom tablet for latest OS X from here --> http://us.wacom.com/en/support/drivers/

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you. Have a lot to consider here. Very interested in actions and presets but cant

What version of Mac OS X are you using on your Mac now ?

Your reply is cut off, I think. Could you please resend it ?

I believe you will be able to use your Adobe applications on 2 computers without any issues at the same time. If you installed Adobe on more than two computers, only two can be used at same time (when they are connected to same network). So the answer to your question is Yes. Your new Mac does support PS5 as well as lightroom.

When you get your new Mac, I'd recommend to transfer everything from your iMac to the new Mac using Migration Assistant. That will make your job easier. See this article --> https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204350

I have just begun working with Yosemite 10.10.

Great ! The new Mac will come with Yosemite installed. So you will be able to transfer everything from your current Mac to the new Mac without any problems. There won't be any compatibility issues. What works on your iMac will also work on new Macbook Pro.

Remember to transfer contents from your iMac to the new Mac using Migration Assistant application. Refer this article --> https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204350

Ashik, Mac Technician