Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My old apple mac broke completely, Apple store has

Customer Question

My old apple mac broke completely, Apple store has transferred my data to new macbook air, but I can't remember my product key pass and Ican't therefore edit word documents. I've been told that there is a way around this. (I called microsoft but there were not helpful) Help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Do you still have the old hard drive?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but the DPU is broken (there is an Apple recall on this model) and although Apple were somehow able to transfer the data when you turn computer on there is just a blank screen.
Data has been transferred across to my new Apple Mac and the store told me that there is somewhere on new computer where this info will be as data went across. ????
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

OK I don't know about where they restored it you would have to ask Apple but if you can get the old drive in and external enclosure these are the files you need to transfer :

https://cwl.cc/2012/02/easy-way-to-move-your-microsoft-office.html