Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Every app i open crrashes in a few seconds

Customer Question

every app i open crrashes in a few seconds
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
To make sure, do you have this problem with your Mac ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
with my mac bbok
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
What version of Mac OS X are you using ? When did this problem start ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the last OSX.
it started on opening this morning
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
This usually happens if there is any issue with the system files.
We can try some basic troubleshooting steps and see if it works or not.
First reset the PRAM and NVRAM of your Mac. Follow the steps below to reset the PRAM and NVRAM
Shut down your Mac
Restart and immediately hold down Command-Option-P-R keys at the same time
Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for two or three times.
Release the keys and let the Mac bootup.
If that didn't work, then restart your Mac and immediately hold down Shift key on your keyboard for 15 seconds and this will boot into Safe Mode. Does the apps work in Safe Mode ?
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I will not be able to call you as I'm working with other clients in here. If the above solutions doesn't work, then you can reinstall your Mac OS X. Reinstalling OS X won't delete any of your files. It will just replace the corrupted system files with new one and that should fix the problem.
Restart your Mac and immediately hold down Command and R keys for 10-20 seconds and this will boot your Mac to the Mac OS X Utilities screen. From there, click Reinstall Mac OS X. Then follow the instructions to reinstall your Mac OS X.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
are you there?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.

Yes. Did you get my reply ?

The best option is reinstall your Mac OS X. Reinstalling OS X won't delete any of your files. It will just replace the corrupted system files with new one and that should fix the problem. Follow the steps below to reinstall the OS X.

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
I will give you instructions in here to fix the problem and I will stay with you until we fix the problem. If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know.