Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Can I save and edit Facebook photos and a Facebook video on

Customer Question

Can I save and edit Facebook photos and a Facebook video on my MacBook Pro and then insert into a Power Point presentation?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Are these photos and videos you uploaded?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. And I hope you got the additional information that I want to insert into my Power Point Presentation parts of a DVD that I have purchased from C-Span.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

No I didn't see that. You can save videos using this:

http://www.videograbber.net/download-facebook-videos-on-mac.html

Photos you can just right click on and go to Download Linked File As. Is this DVD copy protected?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure whether the DVD is copy protected. I did pay for it and was told that as long as we are not charging admission I can project it for public showing. As I said, it is a C-span DVD. Also, I am not sure I understand the reference to "handbrake" Is that an alternative to one of the two above suggestions. Is handbrake.fr only for the DVD. I have been opening the DVD in my DVD application on my MacBook Pro. I have not tried to insert it into Power Point. i assume I need to copy it on something that I can edit?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Yes you drag the disk to the Handbrake window to convert it there are many options I can help by remote if you wish

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to use only parts of the DVD in my presentation. Do I have to use Power Point for my presentation. Can I just edit the video materials and tell the details, explanations?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Of course that is up to you but you can also use Apple Keynote which I believe is superior to PowerPoint. When you drag the DVD to Handbrake you choose which chapters or titles you want to convert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you help me by remote, do we do this right now or make another appointment. Are you telling me that I insert the DVD, have handy the I Pad which I also want to use a video from in my presentation. How much time do we have for remote. Is Apple Keynote already installed in my Mac Book Pro or is an app that I purchase? I read about about in my manual Apple remote and Front for DVD but I don't really understand that. Also can I save this conversation anywhere??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that was Front Row in my Mac manual
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why can't I get a response when I click on "view offer" for the remote offer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is my consult time with you over????
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I'll send it again

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Can you click on it now?