dresteve2000
dresteve2000, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in electronics and computers
71208907

My mac will not load up, it just keeps showing the loading

Customer Question

my mac will not load up, it just keeps showing the loading horizontal bar, it goes half way and gets stuck, and sometimes, it has a bunch of numbers and letters on the left side of the screen.
Category: Mac
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! Most likely what has happened here is either your boot volume on your mac has been corrupt or possible some hardware has gone defective. Can you give me the specific model of your mac? IE iMac, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, & what year?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
imac i7 mid 2010, otherwise, i cant check until it boots up. is there anyway i can do the command r to load the utility repair with my current bluetooth keyboard or with a windows keyboard?

Most likely would need a USB keyboard as the iMac won't recognize the BT connection until it loads

I would try starting to Safe Mode first to see what happens (but yes need a USB keyboard)

Starting up in safe mode

Follow these steps to start up into safe mode.

1. Start or restart your Mac.
  2. Immediately after you hear the startup sound, press and hold the Shift key.
  3. Release the Shift key when you see the Apple logo appear on the screen.

After the Apple logo appears, it might take longer than usual to reach the login screen or your desktop. This is because your Mac performs a directory check of your startup disk as part of safe mode.

To leave safe mode, restart your computer without pressing any keys during startup.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, let me try

no problem please let me know what results

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i dont think my windows usb keyboard is registering

Normally they do work..I've used one before. To confirm it is a wired USB and not wireless correct?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ill be purchasing an apple usb keyboard and trying it again tomorrow

Great, please let me know what results.

Great, please let me know what results.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no, none of this worked, i am sending my computer to the repair shop
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
im sorry to say, but id like to have my money refunded to me as soon as you can, thanks

Sorry it did not work, you were unable to get a USB apple keyboard to see if it would work?

Anyhow if you prefer a refund, you can rate "OK service" here to close the question and then contact JA customer care to request a refund