Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I tried to update to OS x 10.10.5 and my iMac will not

Customer Question

I tried to update to OS x 10.10.5 and my iMac will not restart.
It appeared to update, when I cycle the power I get the rotating clock, then it starts the timeline and then after 20 seconds or so the screen goes all white, and all I get is the cursor arrow.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
The update has corrupted the system files. You have to reinstall your Mac OS X Yosemite. Reinstalling OS X won't delete any of your files. It will just replace the corrupted system files with new one and that should fix the problem.
Restart your Mac and immediately hold down Command and R keys and this will boot your Mac to the Mac OS X Utilities screen. From there, click Reinstall Mac OS X. Then follow the instructions to reinstall your Mac OS X.
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Before I got your reply, the system started working and booted up properly. I did not have to reinstall OS X. I have cancelled my member ship.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
I will request JustAnswer to cancel this question and refund your account.
Please don't rate the answer anything to process refund.
Thanks