Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

My Ipad will not charge. I've tried different charger cables

Customer Question

My Ipad will not charge. I've tried different charger cables with the same result. What do you think is wrong?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 2 years ago.
Hi
Sorry to hear about your iPad :(
How long have you been facing this issue?
Thank you
Vinod
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It started to take forever to charge it about two weeks ago. It failed to take any charge this past weekend.

Thank you.

This looks like a hardware problem. Since you have already tried different chargers, most likely the problem is with the ipad itself. However, I would suggest you to try some troubleshooting.

Try a reset first. Press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo.

If it still fails to take charge, try a restore from itunes in the computer. If that too does not work, I am afraid the ipad has hardware problems and may need to be repaired/replaced. If your ipad is under warranty, you should get a free replacement provided there is no water/physical damage. You just need to take it into any apple store nearby or call apple care to set up the repair or replacement.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you find any difficulty.