Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Tuxera NTFS just currupted 1 terarbyte of data on WD My

Customer Question
Hi - Tuxera NTFS just...
Hi - Tuxera NTFS just currupted 1 terarbyte of data on WD My Pasport
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
8/11/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 2 years ago
Mike, Mac Medic

You may not be able to repair that disk using Disk Utility! You're going to need a Windows machine in order to repair it. Try mounting the drive to a Windows machine. If Disk Manager can "see" it, you can try a repair using the Windows utility. (chkdsk) I suggest you try http://www.paragon-software.com/home/ntfs-mac/ I have never had I/O problems using that software.

Sorry I meant NOT...

Paragon has a free trial make sure you remove the Tuxera software first.

http://tuxera.com/mac/onlinehelp/en/index.htm#page=Uninstalling_Tuxera_NTFS_for_Mac.htm

Hello Mike
I did read your answer and had a PC working on the drive for 2 days. At the end it said that it had repaired about 160 files out of the 135.000 on the drive, but it made no difference.
I think Tuxera was installed on the external drive instead of on the Mac drive, because in finder the drive was named Tuxera...... Insted of WD My Passport.
When I replugged the drive to my Imac I got a message from Tuxera with a yellow warning sign and a lot of text. i will try to send you the photo, I took of it later.
I uninstalled Tuxera after I saw the files was not acessible any more.
It about 25.000 raw master photos edited in Lightroom from Philippines, Thailand, Norway and Denmark.Thank you very much for your kind help.
Best regards

I will get back to you er I see that, thanks

"when" I see that sorry...

Mike, Mac Medic