Mac

My Safari 6.1.6 is very slow in making connections and

sometimes the bar at the...
sometimes the bar at the top stops about half way.... Read full answer
My Safari 6.1.6 is very slow in making connections and sometimes the bar at the top stops about half way.
8/9/2015
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist

Welcome to justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Safari, like most other programs tends to need a bit of maintenance from time to time.

Lets try this repair first.

Open your finder ( magnifying glass ) type in disk utility, and launch the disk utility application.

On the left side of the disk utility window, click your mac hd, then at the lower right hand side, click repair permissions .

Once it says permissions repair complete. Carry out these steps next.

http://georgetasioulis.com/how-to-restore-default-settings-on-safari-mac-os-x-lion/

Make sure to complete all t he steps on that page. If you run into any issues, or these steps dont solve the problem. You are welcome to reply~

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Safari does not work properly refuse to open most of the
safari does not work properly refuse to open most of the sites … read more
IT Manager,
How do upgrade my safari 6.1.6 on my macos lion 10.7.5.?
how do upgrade my safari 6.1.6 on my macos lion 10.7.5.? … read more
It Support Specialist,
I opened a document from a reliable source and it downloaded
I opened a document from a reliable source and it downloaded from doctopdf my way and I don't like it and want to remove it how can I do that please … read more
Computer Technican,
Stop searching for answers—
Blue line in search bar freezes at about half an inch. After
Blue line in search bar freezes at about half an inch. After a while get message - safari can't open page as the server is not responding. This happens several times a day. If I restart then it's ok f… read more
Mac Support Specialist,
Google calendar's scroll super sensitivity is driving me by
Hi Daniel! Google calendar's scroll super sensitivity is driving me nuts by flitting from month to month as I try to schedule a new event - sometimes with the event scheduled in the wrong month. How c… read more
IT Manager,
My mac air progress bar gets stuck at 50%. I've tried
Hi. My mac air progress bar gets stuck at 50%. I've tried several things (maybe not in the correct order) but the problem remains. Sometimes it's the black screen with the apple and the progress bar g… read more
Mac Medic,
Some college
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have recently had a new hard drive installed by Apple in
I have recently had a new hard drive installed by Apple in my MacBook pro and now since then the computer is extremely slow when accessing yahoo from Safari but much faster using Google Chrome. Has an… read more
Computer Technican,
I have LastPass, and the * symbol for it has always appeared
I have LastPass, and the * symbol for it has always appeared on the top of my Verizon/Yahoo bar. Now it sometimes appears and sometimes doesn't. How can I get it to be there each time I log onto Safar… read more
Computer Technican,
Hi there. We have a mac book pro and use safari browser. My
Hi there. We have a mac book pro and use safari browser. My hotmail account is incredibly slow and has been for last 10 days. All commands take way too long to 'load', eg opening in box, opening email… read more
AAS Information Technology
Help! I am using Safari for my connection to ATT.net using
Help! I am using Safari for my connection to ATT.net using a Mac Power Book G4. Problems: 1) Very slow in opening home page 2)Clicking on Bookmarks takes over 30 sec. to get response 3) To open Bookma… read more
Mac Genius,
I am unable to log on to the internet with Safari, but have
I am unable to log on to the internet with Safari, but have no problem logging on to the internet using Firefox.… read more
The Mac Daddy
The Mac Daddy
I spoke to an apple advisor yesterday who was supposed to call
I spoke to an apple advisor yesterday who was supposed to call me back but did not. The problem is that when trying to sign into Facebook, the top gray bar displays "incompatable browser". I have a ne… read more
robgranholm
robgranholm
IT Administrator and Support,
Stop searching for answers—
Can't get to Aol.com login site to access my email
Help my computer wont let me login for e-mail--it cant seem to get to aol.com login site--another computer in the house logs in fine--… read more
Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark
IT Director,
Cannot open Safari in os x 10.5.8. It will open in 10.4. Using
Cannot open Safari in os x 10.5.8. It will open in 10.4. Using Firefox now with no problems. When I try to open Safari, it hangs on my home page (Google) with the blue bar about half way across. I hav… read more
AAS Information Technology
Att changed my password and tells me to change the password.
Att changed my password XXXXX tells me to change the password. Have a zoom modem/router for wireless house. No idea how to change in modem and what is the new password?… read more
iteachmac
iteachmac
Electrician / Programmer / Sound design,
How can I get the loading to stop on my Mac (OSX 10.5.8)
How can I get the "loading" to stop on my Mac (OSX 10.5.8) when using Safari (4.0.3) when trying to surf the web?… read more
Mac Genius,
Safari has been running very slow for me. Downloaded Safari
Safari has been running very slow for me. Downloaded Safari 4 this morning and I've not noticed any improvement in the speed. Called Rogers (I've got high speed) and they did a speed check and it is w… read more
Bob Cook
Bob Cook
how can i change where my downloads are being saved to I
how can i change where my downloads are being saved to? I think I did something wrong early on because now whenever I try to download a file my computer tries to save it to my iphoto. can anyone help?… read more
Rob
Rob
Mac Computer Tutor,