Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.
70409726

How can I change my pass-code?

Customer Question

How can I change my pass-code?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am excited to get started with you.

To change a forgotten passcode on your iPad, you will need to restore your iPad via iTunes on your computer. This will erase everything and set your iPad back to factory settings. If you are backing up to iCloud, you will be able to restore from an iCloud backup.

To restore your iPad

1. Connect your iPad to your computer and open iTunes. If you do not currently have iTunes installed or you are running an earlier version, you can download it here: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

2. Once iTunes is open and your iPad is connected, press and hold both the sleep and home button at the same time for 40 secs or until the iTunes and cable logo appear. The sleep button is located at the upper right corner and the home button is the round button at the bottom

3. Finally, your iPad will appear in iTunes in "Recovery Mode" Press Restore.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns so we can continue troubleshooting.