Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.
70409726

Got a new mac book pro yesterday, gave it a pass word, and

Customer Question

got a new mac book pro yesterday, gave it a pass word, and promptly gorfot it
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am excited to get started with you.You will need to reset your Admin password ***** the below steps. If you are running an earlier version of 10.7, please let me know.1. Shut down your Mac then power it on. Immediately press and hold down Command+ R keys until the apple logo appears. Both keys need to be held down before the apple logo appears. 2. Your Mac will now boot into the Recovery Partition and a Mac OS X Utilities screen will appear3. Click on Utilities at the top menu and choose Terminal 4. In the white box, Type in resetpassword ***** press enter a box will appear 5. Select the hard drive image then select your Account name6. Type in the New password ***** and press Save 7. Restart you mac