Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My wife and I just purchased two I phones to replace her iphone

Customer Question
4 and my iphone5.we also...
My wife and I just purchased two I phones to replace her iphone 4 and my iphone5.we also purchased a new i pad. Originally I had an iphone and ipad. when she bought her the i phone 4 it was downloaded into my account at iTunes. i didn't know you needed separate users. The phones are now separate accounts but many of the AP,s are stilled shared. Now, I want to change the old ipad account to be my wife's and I want to use the new I pad as mine. Can I change the email and password ***** the old i pad to her account somehow; and then download it to her user iTunes. that would make the data the same for each user on the next back up on both accounts. Then would i assign my email and password ***** the new i pad and sync it to my existing account. Would the pads be separate from that point forward except for the shared aps. I clouds etc. would be separate etc
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
7/26/2015
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Mac Druid replied 2 years ago
John T. F., Mac Druid
Hi! I need a little more info to be clear on what you wish to do. Do each of you have your own Apple ID or do you share a single Apple ID for all devices? Thanks,John
WE HAVE SEPRATE ID'S- I HAVE THE SAME ON THE i PHOINE 6 AND THE ORGINAL I PAD WE PURCHASED PREVIOUSLY.SHE HAS HER OWN ON THE I PHONE 6 JUST PURCHASED MOVED FRON THE I PHONE 4 SHE HAD BEFORE.
I WANT TO END UP WITH HER HAVING THE OLD IPAD AND I HAVE THE NEW WITH OUR CURRENT SEPARATE ACCOUNTS
Ok, so you each have one unique ID of your own that use only on your own devices... In that case, it may be best to reset the old iPad back to factory defaults and set it up under her Apple ID. On the OLD iPad; tap Settingstap Generaltap Resetthen tap “Erase all content and settings” When the device restarts, it will display the Setup Assistant. In the Setup Assistant whenever it asks for an Apple ID just use hers. Once you are finished, it will be ready for her use. John
I wanted bother of us to keep the data and be separate from this point on. Is that possible?
If she uses her id on my pad and has it synched to her I tunes wouldn't it become hers.
I would then synch the new I pad to my ipad and download the data to my new pad from my ipads?
That will be tricky in some cases. For example, any app that you've downloaded to the old iPad will forever be tied to your Apple ID rather than hers. Any time that one of those apps is updated, you will need to supply your Apple ID and password ***** than hers, etc... However, it is possible to do it as follows:On the old iPad, please do the following for any section of Settings where the incorrect ID (yours) is being used. If neither ID is listed, choose the option to sign in with an existing account and use the correct (your wife's) Apple ID and password. 1) Go to Settings > iCloud If incorrect account is listed, tap “Sign Out” or “Delete Account” and make sure the account is removed.Sign in with the correct Apple ID by choosing the option to sign in with an existing account. 2) Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar Verify correct iCloud email is listed, if she uses it. 3) Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. If incorrect account is listed, tap it and choose Sign OutSign in with the correct Apple ID by choosing the option to sign in with an existing account. 4) Go to Settings > Facetime If incorrect account is listed, tap it and choose Sign OutSign in with the correct Apple ID by choosing the option to sign in with an existing account. 5) Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store If incorrect account is listed, tap it and choose Sign OutSign in with the correct Apple ID by choosing the option to sign in with an existing account. 6) Go to Settings > Game Center If incorrect account is listed, tap it and choose Sign OutSign in with the correct Apple ID by choosing the option to sign in with an existing account. Once you have completed the above then the old iPad should be ready to go. John
ok I will try it. thanks
good night
You are very welcome! If the current question has been answered to your satisfaction, please remember to rate me accordingly when you get a moment. Please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question. Insert “For John T. F. only” in your initial question and you can, also, submit new questions directly via the following page: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-macdruid/ John
John T. F., Mac Druid