Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

I need to extend my WIFI in my house. I a bought a CISCO

Customer Question

I need to extend my WIFI in my house. I a bought a CISCO R-1000 but there was no improvement. We have laptops in the kitchen, about 20 feet from the router. I placed the CISCO half way in between, no improvement, and next to the laptops, no improvement.
I followed the installation instructions. Is there a better extender or is a powerline adapter better?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi there and welcomeIs the Cisco to extend an existing router? Or the Cisco is your main router?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
extend an existing router
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank youDid you setup the extender and connect it to your existing router? What steps did you take to do this? And what is the make and model of the existing router?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Richard, You are the second expert to answer my original question. There was something wrong with the web site, for a period of time I couldn't answer the experts questions which made it very confusing. During this period I contacted the manufacturer and we were able to sort out the problem. Thank you for answering.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, there may have been some issues on the site today, sorry about this.
I just wanted to see what you have done with the extender to get the problem resolved.
If there is anything else I can for you please let me know
Thank you