Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of computer experience, CISCO certified
30970729

I have AutoCAD 2009, and I created a drawing that has 11 layers

Customer Question

I have AutoCAD 2009, and I created a drawing that has 11 layers of details. Now when i pull the drawing up all of the layers appear to be on one layer. i can dige lines in model space and it will show me what layer the line is on. I tried turning off all but one layer and tried that layer by it self, but it did not show it only. I do not have any layers frozen, and all are thawed. So how can I get these layers unsrambeled so that I can work on each layer individually?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
It sounds like the layers have been merged into one layer.
You could use the FILTER command to organize objects, and then move them to new layers.
Please attach the file if you would like me to have a look at it;
alternatively I could connect remotely to view the problem on your machine.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Let me know if my answer worked?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
you told me to type in "filter" which i did, and it shows me a box with entities which i have no idea what to do with or click on. I also applied for remote help and included my phone number so you could call me and walk me through the filter command, so I have drained my checking account and got no results from you, I am not happy at all with the out come of all this effort i put forth!!
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
I sent you the remote assistance offer, but you have not accepted it yet.
I will send it again now.