Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

Good afternoon, kept getting request from different sites to

Customer Question

Good afternoon, kept getting request from different sites to upgrade my Safari. So I did, and loaded Maverick 7.0.4. Now I'm getting a message that this new version doesn't work with my Mac OS 10.6.8. The new Safari requires OS 10.9 or later. I want to go back to my old version of Safari but not sure how to do it. Any advice would be appreciated.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Are you currently using another internet browser program, and/or are you using another computer right now?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, using Firefox
To confirm, right now, your computer has Mac OS X version 10.7 (not 10.6) right? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not sure, when I try to us the new Safari and message displays saying that I have OS 10.6.8
Please click on the Apple logo / menu, then click on About this Mac, then let me know your Mac OS X version number. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sure enough OS10.6.8!
Thank you. Please go to Finder, then Applications, then drag Safari to Trash
, then download / install the Safari version 5 at the website below, and it should work:
http://supportdownload.apple.com/download.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/Apple_Software_Updates/Mac_OS_X/downloads/091-9899.20130912.Frx3W/Safari5.1.10SnowLeopardManual.dmg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** to quit Firefox inorder to get to Finder and complete the task, guess I'm going to lose you in the process.
You're welcome. Don't quit Firefox, so you can continue communicating with me. Just click on Finder on the Dock. If you do lose me, you can always get back to me via the View Response link in the email message from JustAnswer.Please reply at the box below; I will help further as needed. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did as you recommended and installed safari 5 but still can find it. No icon on my tool bar below. Still frustrated and worst of all I lost all my bookmarks from the previous version of Safari, it's like starting over.
I'm sorry. Do you mean even after downloading and installing Safari, then when you open Finder, then click on Applications, then you do not see Safari there? Or you cannot open Safari there? Is there any error or message? If you are able to open Safari, then when you click on Bookmarks menu at the top in Safari, do you see any bookmark of yours there? Please reply back. Thank you.